Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 6- A christmas tree of yarn

1- You will need:
foam cones of different sizes
2 yarns, one fuzzy and one normal(christmas colors)
pins
embellishments



2-Take both yarns and pin both ends(one from each yarn) to the top of the cone, arrange and pin the top as needed. Start wrapping the yarn all the way down to the bottom of the cone and then if you want it to be more yarn-wrapped, wrap again up to the top(so that's its wrapped twice) Cut and pin in place.

3- Embellish as you want. I took fake berries and hot-glued in place and also put a cute little metal star on top that I borrowed from my mom :-) I used ribbon on the other one.

And then you're done! A very fun, easy project :-)

1st tree




2nd Tree



My christmas tree shelf!


so if you think all I ever get done is making crafts.........you're right.....haha! Well not really, my mom, sisters and I get together once a year and make christmas crafts, half of my collection has come from this! The advantages to having sisters :-) We had so much fun and we all made something different! I didn't get pictures of everything, but here are some...

My sister's twine-wrapped trees.


My mom's assortment of yarn and scrapbook paper trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment