Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 5- Making a fabric wreath

1- You will need:
a foam wreath
different christmas patterned fabric
a rotary cutter
a pencil with a sharpened point
a mat to cut on



2- using the rotary cutter, cut strips of fabric 2" wide. Then cut the strips into 2" (ish) squares. I just eyeballed it :-) I used 5 different, coordinating fabrics. I didn't really count them, but you'll need alot of each, you may just have to keep cutting as you go, until you are satisfied with how it looks!




3- Now the fun part, take the pencil through the middle of a fabric square and just poke it through into the foam until it sticks! It really does work, however if you want your wreath to last for years and years, it may be better to dot the end of each fabric square with hot glue to make it more durable. Did I feel like spending 10 hrs. doing that????? NO I DID NOT :-0 So far only a couple fell out and I promptly put them back in:-)



4- Just keep poking the squares in until all of the foam is covered(or until you like it). You can then embellish with ribbon if you desire :-)

......and tada!






a fun, shabby ruffled wreath you will get! Now go hang on a wall or something!







No comments:

Post a Comment