Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 22- Cake and Oreo Balls

So I had to take something sweet for a christmas party and what's more fun than cake balls? THis was my first attempt and I think they turned out pretty well! They're easy, fun and you can even make them look christmasy:-) I actually wanted to use red velvet cake to make it more christmasy but the store I went to was all out:( So I did the next best thing......pink, strawberry cake! YUM!

Strawberry Cake Balls


First take a cake mix(I used strawberry) and bake it according to the directions on the box. When the cake is still warm, crumble it up in a lg. bowl and add 1 cont. of icing(I used cream cheese icing) Mix it well. *IMPORTANT-At this point chill cake mixture for about 30 min. or so, until it's moldable without sticking to your hands!



Form into small balls(or whatever size you want) and put on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill balls again.


Melt white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips or whatever chocolate you so desire:-) I melted in a double boiler over my stove. Stick a toothpick in the balls or use a fork or the new invention for dipping in chocolate tool my sister and I are going to invent! Dip the balls in chocolate until coated and then sprinkle on whatever kind of toppings you want. I used colored sugar. Chill until chocolate is hardened!




TaDa!! Don't they look pretty?


Now for something even easier than cakeballs......


Mint Oreo Truffle Balls



First take a pack of mint-stuffed oreo's and crush them to smithereens! Then add in 3/4 of a pack of softened cr.cheese. I used my hand mixer to mix it all together. Then take a small scoop and start forming balls, you don't even have to chill the stuff first! Put balls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.

CHILL the balls until they are no longer soft.



Melt your chocolate(same method as the cake balls) and get to dipping those oreo balls! Put back on cookie sheet and chill until chocolate is hardened!



Aren't they so pretty? I like mint for christmas time, but you could use any stuffed oreo. I can just imagine what the peanut butter ones taste like :-)



















No comments:

Post a Comment