Friday, October 28, 2011

Learning to sew



I decided the other week that I would like to learn to sew. Now I must tell you, that when I was in high-school, my mom tried to teach me to sew. I say tried, because I had no interest in it! I thought it was boring and I couldn't sit still that long, let alone try and read the gibberish that was the directions :) My poor mom tried and I'm sure she was a good teacher, but I was interested in other things.


Well after growing up some and seeing all the beautiful things that one can make(if they know the art of sewing ;-), I decided it was time to try again! And I asked my oh-so patient, loving mom if she would re-teach me! And she gladly said yes!!



After an idea that my friend gave me, I decided to try sewing an apron. I've been wanting one to match my kitchen, but hadn't found the one. So why not create one myself, even better because I get to pick the fabric and custom make it!



I eventually found a step by step pattern(because I'm very visual, I need actual pictures to figure out the directions) online and I got right to work! I found out that I'm not half bad at sewing(just don't look too closely:-) and I, "gasp" actually enjoy it! I have to give all the credit to my mom, who is an awesome teacher! Without her, I would still be trying to figure it out! Thanks mom!



Enough talking! Here is the finished product:-)




Tied 2 ways... And hanging in my kitchen, with the added pocket.















1 comment: