Thursday, November 3, 2011

Desk Organizer Painting Project!

SO as promised here is the latest project! My kitchen is a red and black theme(if you couldn't tell from the last apron project I posted)...and so I decided to stick with that color in my dining room too! I painted this mail/desk organizer thingthatIdon'treallyknowwhatitis. I liked this color red so much that who knows what else will end up this color in my house :-) Next up is painting the kitchen table!


1-First I sanded to rough it up.



2-Next I primed it, 2 coats, with a primer specifitely for bright colors. It did a great job!




3- Of course then I painted it with a ruby red color. I don't have pictures of me painting, but I did 2 coats of that as well.


4-Next I mod-podged the inside with scrapbooking paper. This was a first for me, but it actually wasn't too hard. The most time-consuming part was measuring to fit the paper inside. I did use an online tutorial that showed me the best way to mod podge it. I really like how it turned out!




5-With the mod podging done, all I did to finish the project was sand the edges down to give it a roughed up look(and sanded whatever I thought looked good)





6- And the last step was put everything back in it! Oh and you can see in the last 2 pictures, I also mod podged a little wooden organizer that I had! It was brown before and I thought, why not make it match everything else? :-) Yes, I got a little mod podge happy!





And that's the end of that project:-) Stay tuned for my matching kitchen table:-)
















































No comments:

Post a Comment